Friday, March 3, 2017

February or May?

I meant to post this last weekend, as it was the last weekend of February and the temperatures in Connecticut hit 70 degrees! I was lucky enough to be able to get two back to back delicious outdoor runs in on February 25th and 26th. In fact, on the 26th, I wore short sleeves and my running skort. Bare legs in February. No joke! I loved it. Every minute of it.
Celebrating bare arms and legs in February!
Although I should really be tapering more for my half marathon in Myrtle Beach next weekend, I just couldn't help myself getting out in to the spring-like air. In my defense, I held myself to 5 milers only. No need to push too much. 
As a complete 180 to the outdoor running on Friday and Saturday, our family went skiing on Sunday for our usual weekly ski outing. The conditions weren't the greatest after the very warm temperatures, and after two runs, our youngest had tumbled hard a couple of times and was ready to pack it up for the day. I ended up hanging out with her in the lodge until my other daughter's lesson ended. Just as well, I certainly didn't need to catch an edge and fall and injure myself. 
I'm looking forward to my next race next weekend. I'm running the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon the first weekend in March, and as a bonus, I get to visit with my aunt and uncle who live down there. I haven't been down to visit them yet, so I'm really looking forward to it. We haven't seen each other since Christmas. It will be another terrific trip that combines running and family. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment