Friday, March 7, 2014

Uninspired


I haven’t blogged in a while because I haven’t felt like I’ve had anything much to write about. Talk about an uninspiring time lately. Last week I felt like I was just going through the motions of my daily world. Cooking healthy meals, getting to the gym, bringing the kids to their various schools and activities, working, etc. So unexciting. Today I mentioned to my Weight Watchers leader how uninspired I felt all week, and of course, the scale showed it with a slight increase. :( Time to change gears, I say!
I am exactly one month away from my next half marathon. This time I’m heading to Chicago to run in the Chi-Town Half Marathon. I really am so excited about it, and starting today, I’m putting my focus on that to break me out of my doldrums. I reached out to one of my college friends who lives in the area, and I’m thrilled that we are going to be able to meet up for dinner the night before the race. I really love the fact that setting my race goals also helps me to seek out friends and family around the country with whom I can reconnect. Seeing special people brings another level of joy and happy memories to these excursions. 
The Chi-Town Half takes place right along the lakefront in the city. I am sure it will be a gorgeous run, as long as the weather cooperates, of course. Let’s hope so, because after this wicked winter, I could sure use a weather reprieve. Time to visualize warm sunny 45-50 degree temps and light wind for April 6th in the greater Chicago area. Hopefully the race directors are not jinxing it by providing long sleeve hoodies as the race shirt. No matter what the day is like, I’m sure the race will be a great one to remember. 
So, I guess I just have to grin and bear these (hopefully) last treadmill runs as the freezing temps still linger and put on my best frame of mind as I pound away. The outdoor pavement will come soon...in fact, local meteorologists are forecasting temps in the 40s this weekend, so I may be able to get that momentum back after all. I think it is great, too, that this week's topic in the ww meeting room was moving for 5 minutes out of every hour. Time to think up some creative ways to make that happen and maybe even boost my fitness while I'm at it. 
One month til Chicago...one month til Chicago...time to get inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment