Friday, February 14, 2014

Say it isn't snow!

I don't mean to be a complainer, but this weather is not runner friendly, and I am dying to be outside running! Spring can't come quickly enough this year. Here's the view from my front door this morning...

Pretty, yes. Convenient, no. I used to love snow when I was a kid, and I'd stay out for hours sledding, ice skating, building snow forts and throwing it, eating it and climbing all over it. Now I say, forget it! Bring on spring! My fingers, toes and nose are tired of freezing out there, dammit, and I can only stand so many long runs on the treadmill at the gym. 
Watching this morning's local news, it was announced that in addition to this latest storm, another one is currently moving across the midwest and is poised to hit here tomorrow with another possible 4-8 inches of snow. Seriously? Thanks a lot, Mother Nature. I can only hope and pray that in between these snow occasions we get some 40s-50s and sunshine to start to get rid of this nonsense around here. 

Snow, snow, go away. Come again next January! 
Ok, enough ranting for today. Happy Valentines Day to all. Think spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment