Saturday, October 7, 2017

Planning for the end...

This morning I sat down and started plotting out my races for the next few years. It is wildly exciting to know that I only need to select 13 more races, and after looking through several race websites this morning, much of that is underway! 
First up for 2018 is the Mississippi Blues Half Marathon which I registered for today. I've been wanting to run this one for quite some time, but usually my husband has a work outing the same time as the race. This year, I'm just going for it, and we will figure out how to work it if he has the same work meeting. This race celebrates the blues music of Mississippi and features a guitar themed race medal. Blues music is featured all along the race which should be pretty cool. I'm super excited to get this one under my belt.

The rest of 2018 is shaping up this way (although none of these are booked yet...): 

March/April: Georgia--either Savannah or Atlanta or Kentucky in April

June: Indiana--the Sunburst race that finishes at Notre Dame! Yay! Another that has been on the list for years! Complete with a meet-up with beloved family in Indiana.

September: Minnesota--City of Lakes race in Minneapolis (hopefully with cousin Andrew!)

November: Tennessee--Nashville

So, I'm looking at 5 new states in 2018, which will then leave only 8 more states to go. I also narrowed down the list of races for those states, so I'll go through and start to plan for 2019 sometime soon as well. If I can get 5 states done in 2019, that frees up time (and money) to plan for the final race in Hawaii! What an amazing trip that will be. 
Thank you, as always, for reading and for following my running journey around this beautiful country of ours. Keep checking back to view my list of upcoming races in the sidebar of this site. Running friends...feel free to contact me if you want to join up and run on location. Cheers and keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment