Saturday, January 7, 2017

Starting Fresh

So it is the time of year for all those new year's resolutions and such. Time to eat healthier, time to get organized, time to lose weight, time to finish all those unfinished projects...
Sure, I have some resolutions like everyone else, but for right now, I just want to focus on getting back to regular routines. The holidays are wonderful--full of family, friends, celebration, food and fun. I've certainly had my share, and now I'm all tapped out. Time to get back to the simplicity of routine and return to healthy eating. I feel like I just can't deal with anymore junk food or cocktails. My body is craving warm, healthy goodness like homemade soups, veggie chili, skillet chicken or seafood, herbal tea and some time to slow down and focus on one thing at a time.
We all get so overloaded during the holiday season. There is so much to do and not nearly enough time to do it! I was very guilty of that myself this year, and although I have many obligations coming up in 2017, I want to take them one by one and not allow myself to get overwhelmed. I guess that is really my big resolution.
I went back to work last week after holiday break, and by the end of my first day back, I could feel myself coming down with chills and the dread that I was going to be the next one in my family to experience the dreaded stomach bug. I came straight home from work and immediately went in to my bed were I stayed for a day and a half. Luckily, despite my aching stomach, nothing ever came "up" as it were, but boy was I down. I had chills and a complete body full of aches. I was dehydrated and had a headache, too. By Friday, thankfully, I was feeling much improved.
Today's weather...snowstorm!
So January was off (at first) to a good start, then it got rough, and now I feel back on track. Luckily, my illness passed through quickly enough that I am still on point with my mileage thus far. Although today's weather is going to make it tough to head back outdoors anytime soon with street running. Treadmill here I come... In fact, I was able to make it to the gym yesterday and today to complete 5 mile runs each day, albeit at a slower than usual pace. Don't want to push it too much after being sick earlier in the week. I felt great after each workout, so that's good.
So I plan to take it step by step here and get my miles in, just as I plan to take my obligations in 2017.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment