Saturday, October 13, 2018

Color-Fall!

My goodness and my apologies...I am just now realizing I haven't posted anything here since August! I missed September completely. Wow! So much has been going on in life in general that the running blog has been shoved off to the side, but today I just had to post about a super fun color run we had at our kids' school. Done as a fundraiser for the school, families could register their kids and other members to participate. Each registered runner received a white t-shirt. 
Before...white shirt...getting ready to run.
The distance of the race wasn't measured, but runners ran or walked around 4 color stations on the course where colored powder was tossed to make the shirts (and participants) very colorful. Despite the fact that it was a rainy morning, everyone had a super fun time getting wet and colorful. The finish of the race featured each runner tossing a packet of colored powder into the air to make a huge color cloud to really get everyone covered with colors. (As if we weren't already!) It ended up being a really fun time for kids and grown ups. Many thanks to all the volunteers and parents who helped set up the fabulous event! (Photo credits to Karie Madigan and Nicole Birdsey--thank you!)
Me and the fam after the run.
Complete color explosion post-run!
In other news, I've completed 3 weeks with my running club kids at school, and the club is going well. All of the students are well on their way to completing their half marathon or marathon distances, and we are all so excited about our "final mile" race on October 30th at Rentschler Field. I'm so proud of the students who are participating. Most of them are able to run 2 miles each week at practice. That is sure something I couldn't do when I was in elementary school. I think we all enjoy the stress relief of running and the fresh air we get after school at our sessions. I'm so glad I decided to make it happen this year. 
I'm only one week away from my next half in Minnesota. This will be state #41 on my way to all 50 states. I'll be running with my cousin, Andrew, in Bloomington, home of the Mall of America. It should be a blast, as we will participate in the Hot Cider Hustle. We also plan to make a trip to Paisley Park, which will surely be a highlight of this trip. I can't wait! I promise to post about the run soon after the trip...no more two month lags on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment