Saturday, October 15, 2016

Meet me in St. Louis!

The next half marathon I'm registered to run is coming up on October 23rd in St. Louis, MO. The race is called the St. Louis Go! Halloween Half Marathon, and it looks like it will be a fun time. The race route takes us around the city, including a pass by the St. Louis Arch which should be spectacular if the weather cooperates. The race also features a costume contest, but I'm not interested in that sort of thing. I prefer to run with just my regular running clothes. More stuff on my body=more weight to carry around=slower run.
The other (and most exciting) part of this trip is that I am going to see a long lost friend out in St. Louis. A terrific guy I used to work for many moons ago lives out there, and it has been years since we've seen each other. I just confirmed with him the other day that he will be in town and that we will get to have a little catch up time! Can't wait to see you, Will!
Again, I assert that one of the best things about making this trek around the country, state by state, is having the opportunity to connect with friends and family who live far and away. I'm looking forward to seeing many other folks in my next year of races. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment